1955


Helmut Baldus buys his first tipper truck. This vehicle is used for internal transportation from the quarry walls to the crusher at the Adrian quarry. His wife, Gisela Baldus, takes charge of the passenger transport and materials planning divisions.




1956




Helmut Baldus buys a Borgward truck, which is used to transport material from the surrounding quarries to the customers.


1960


A vehicle-maintenance workshop facility is built.




1965




The fleet is constantly expanded to include vehicles with a total permitted mass of up to 38 tonnes.


1970


Modern cars immediately start being used for passenger transportation and patient transfers, under the direction of Helmut’s wife, Gisela Baldus.




1976




In addition to transportation services, the company also starts trading in construction materials, particularly natural stone granulate.


1982


The company founder’s son, Jürgen Baldus, joins the family business.


1989


His wife, Ulrike Baldus, starts working for the family business.


1990


Due to the German reunification the number of orders and clients grow. Construction materials used to build the infrastructure are transported to the new federal states.




1991




Branch office established in Lauter (Ore Mountains). Jürgen Baldus becomes managing director, and the individual enterprise is converted into a limited liability company.


1993


Large dump trays are purchased and introduced into international goods transportation.




2003




Special oversize transport equipment is added to the range.


2004


The company moves to Basaltinstrasse. Offices and a new maintenance facility are built.




2011


Maximilian Baldus, son of managing director Jürgen Baldus, joins the family business.


2014


Paulina Baldus, daughter of managing director Jürgen Baldus, starts working for the family business.


2016


Maximilian Baldus becomes the second managing director. Helmut Baldus GmbH thus continues in its third generation as a family business.